Sunday, December 1, 2013

Post Thanksgiving work


Kind of slow, to be honest.  Maybe I'm still in a Turkey coma! Lol!!! Wayne didn't seem to mind a low key couple of days. 

Meanwhile, I was steaming multiple layers of wallpaper thanks to my BFF Clyde. Previously, I had been using a squirt bottle and a scraper. Thank God for good friends with stuff! I got some weird rusults though. One wall was a golden color under all the layers and the steamer kind of messed up the woodwork slightly. Oh well, just another thing to fix.
The vents are completed though on the first floor and should help keep the temp in the house more modified for the season. 
I've been thinking about custom roller blinds for the 4 casement windows in the dining room. I thought taping the samples would help but, not so much!
They're just too small to get a good idea of the final result!
For a final word, thanks to our grandson, Davonne, for being such a big help getting organized today...in between texting and a nap! Gotta love teenagers! 

Tomorrow, the upstairs windows are supposed to be delivered, so that's the next thing to check off our list. 
Hanging in there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment